A 4 day course in Cornwall, living in community on the land, learning how to grow and harvest our own food, creating delicious vibrant meals in our field kitchen and embracing mindful movement practices…what’s not to love ! Click here to more info and bookings…
We all seek connection; to ourselves, to one another, to the land, and to the food which we eat.
Most of us dream of living more sustainably. Growing our own food is an empowering leap towards embracing sustainability.
Whatever outdoor space you have, urban or rural, be it a few pots on a patio, a garden, an allotment or a small holding, you can get growing to feed yourself and your family real whole food.
Maybe you’re just starting out, or want to deepen your current experience, this five day course will fire up your inspiration, and feed it with the practical skills that will help transform your plans into reality.
During the course we roll up our sleeves, and work together on seasonal tasks in the gardens and polytunnel such as
- What to sow, when and how using biodynamic principles
- learning about successional sowing/planting
- understanding soil health using no-dig methods
- utilising organic techniques to create compost and liquid feeds for crops
- harvesting the seasonal food growing here on the farm in May
- foraging the abundant wild fare from our woodlands and hedgerows
We also look inwards, and practice reflecting the principles of caring for our land back upon ourselves, by
- spending time in our field kitchen, preparing and feasting together in daily holistic cooking workshops.
- learning simple systems of self-care that connect and unify us to our surroundings
- finding time together through daily movement, yoga and meditation classes.
- leaving space to just be in the surroundings of nature.